Open Records Request
DJJ Media Policies
Georgia Open Records Act Requests
Under the Georgia Open Records Act (“ORA”), public records from the Department of Juvenile Justice are available for inspection and copying unless they are specifically exempted from disclosure under the law.
Where to send your request:
An ORA Request should be made directly to the DJJ Office of Legal Services (OLS). Although a verbal request is acceptable, please submit your request in writing so that the Department can accurately respond and track your request.
Mail: Department of Juvenile Justice
Office of Legal Services
3408 Covington Hwy.
Decatur, GA 30034
What to put in your request:
To assist you in obtaining the information you need, please provide the following information in your request:
- Your full name
- Your contact information, such as email address, telephone number, or mailing address
- Where you want us to send any records
- A description of the specific records you are asking for
- The timeframe of the records requested.
- OLS will contact you if further clarification is necessary.